Saturday, December 13, 2008

travelling at the speed of sound

move forward
move backward
move towards the light

on the train
clank-clanking on the tracks
taking you quickly
to somewhere you have not been

shawford
clapham junction

the way out
or is it?

mind the gap

the metal box
separating you and nature
your nature
you

grass fields
trees
sheep
what am i doing here anyway

everything goes dark

a tunnel perhaps
or is it?

maybe you finally
managed to see the light
and die

closing your eyes
you sigh a little

thinking of all those
moments you could
have been with
someone

a girl
a boy

someone

you think to yourself

"what is it all for?"

being alone
surrounded by people

the difference there is
the perception of yourself

loathing oneself is easy
when you have no self-image
at all

just think of you as
the disembodied narrator
of agatha christie novels

whodunit?

you did it

you well perfectly know
why you just sit and
pretend

passively

active action needs to be
taken if love is to be
achieved

smile
dress nicely
dance well

have a fucking collage degree
in journalism or interior design

whatever is needed for them
to love you

embrace the expectations of
other people

and you may finally acquire some
sense of self-worth

finally some action!

stop deluding yourself

you... you, you you...
you bastard
you fiend
you asshole
i hate you

me you i

we are not meant to be
together

you don't make me
happy

i want to get out
i want time for myself
i want to watch ugly betty

me me me me me me me me me

i never loved you at all

it's only an addiction anyway

i am a love junkie

i sniff affection
i devour kindness
i inject myself with happiness
i get high on romantic sex

what about you
what about me
what about i

question: what are we doing together
anyway

i cannot let myself do what i want
she sends me mixed messages

my captain cosmos translator ring is broken
i cannot understand her
out-of-this-world behaviour

why don't you just sit next to me
and hold me

be with me

love me

embrace me with your warm body
and whisper into my ear

"i am yours"

and you bet
i'm yours too

now we can face anything
any sort of hurdle
any sort of mistake

a strong bond will never break

under stress
under duress

be my yoko
be my john

and let us be
the plastic ono band

the two virgins
the gallagher brothers of love

and fifty years later
on a sea shore

we look each other deep into
the eyes

and we see no regret

no missed opportunities

no missed calls

open your eyes

you have arrived at
your destination

mind the gap...

...mind the gap

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3

Anonymous said...

<3